Optimized for iPhone 5!
Visual Routine is a simple, easy to program visual schedule that helps your autistic or special needs child keep a routine. Routines can be tailored to their needs with audio feedback, and customizable pictures, audio, and text. Instead of carrying around pecs or a laminated schedule, this app will let you have routines preset and then run them to show the child in an easy way what they have to do.
- Check Mark: check mark system for completed steps, with audio feedback
- Length: Routines can be as long as needed
- Customization: Full customization routine creator - customize text, images, choices, and audio within each routine. Create text only, picture only, or audio only choices, or any mix!
- Non-Readers: Picture only option for non-readers (with written Routine title)
- Storage: Permanent storage of many routines on your device
- Readers: Text only option for readers (with Monkey image for each written step or task)
- Choices: “Choices” feature for tasks in a routine step. Up to 4 choices can be embedded within each routine item, enabling someone to pick between options. (i.e. eggs, pancakes, or cereal for breakfast.)
- Setup: Fast and easy setup right from the main screen
- Audio: "The auditory feedback when a step in the routine is checked off is great as well." In addition to optional feedback when completing a step, you can customize audio for each step in a routine.
This app serves as a visualization tool for routines, providing portability, audio support, and excellent easy to understand graphics. By using this app special needs individuals and children will be able to understand what needs to be done easier than with PECS or simple description.
Customization: A big emphasis in this app; every autistic and special needs child requires specific and centered care, and the ability to create your own routines with pictures of your child and house settings in them places the emphasis on your child. Take pictures of them doing things in their environment, and they will understand the routine better then a generic, preset choice. The images can be set by you, the user, as well as audio.