- Present a Choice is an app designed to help a parent or caregiver quickly present a set of choices to a special needs or young child. Great for when a child is upset and having more trouble verbalizing.
- This app will give both typical children and children with developmental disabilities a voice. It gives them a chance to be an individual, and to express their own wants and needs.
- A parent, therapist, doctor, or caregiver would create a set of choices on the phone, allowing 2, 3, or 4 options. Each choice has a picture and a line of text below it. Create a set of choices on the iPhone or iPod, and then hand the device to the child or patient. They tap which one they would like, and show you.
- 2, 3, or 4 options per choice
- Picture for every choice option
- Line of text for every option
- Save choices
- 16 Stock images are included
- Take photos from within the app
- Choose from photo library
- Taking a photo from within the app makes this app perfect for on-the-go situations, like when at the store and trying to decide which snack your child would like better. With this app, you can quickly ask your non-verbal child.
- This makes it much easier for an autistic child to understand the choices and options available to them in a given situation, being able to see a visual of each option and text as well as being told the options.
- Each choice is infinitely reusable, and you can edit them after you create them as well. A small amount of stock photos are available, and there will certainly be more in the future as well.
- This app reinforces repetitive communication, and encourages expressive language. This is fantastic when trying to get your autistic child to come out of their shell.